The Confederate States of America
Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education in Dixie

5 posters

Go down

Education in Dixie Empty Education in Dixie

Post by RebelDixie Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:07 pm

What are some ways we can educate a mass majority of people? I was thinking TV commercials. We would just have to find a way to get them produced/aired.   

ConfederateFlag

Last edited by RebelDixie on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emoticons)
RebelDixie
RebelDixie

Back to top Go down

Education in Dixie Empty Re: Education in Dixie

Post by thomascgty Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:32 am

YouTube would be one of the ways to educate people. And it will not only be in the U.S. but also worldwide. I would presume that even outside, globally, there are misconceptions about the Confederate States of America and the Confederacy itself. also misinformation regarding the so-called "Civil War" as coined by the Lincoln.
thomascgty
thomascgty

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelDixie Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:09 pm

I think YouTube would fare us well in getting the public's acceptance.
RebelDixie
RebelDixie

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 pm

This is a tough one. So many people are afraid of anything associated with the CSA that they do not want to discuss it. Youtube would be good. Especially with Shelby Foote. I for one am tired of the "political correctness." Think we need to stand strong and not back down. This takes very good communication skills and the ability to avoid becoming defensive. Plus having your facts correct.
roydenoral
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 pm

This is a tough one. So many people are afraid of anything associated with the CSA that they do not want to discuss it. Youtube would be good. Especially with Shelby Foote. I for one am tired of the "political correctness." Think we need to stand strong and not back down. This takes very good communication skills and the ability to avoid becoming defensive. Plus having your facts correct.

Agreed.
Facts need to be 100% correct and you have to be fierce. Anticipate the counterarguments....
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

https://confederatestates.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 am

Also, it seems best for discuss what the confederacy stood for i.e. limited government, individual and states rights, chivalry, the burden of welfare state, etc. We may need to talk about the Confederacy without mentioning the word,flag, etc. Unfortunately, liberals have allowed anything associated with the Confederacy to be defined as racist, evil, etc. This needs to be reversed. And it did not help that a white separatist group adopted the battle flag as their symbol. However, we must fight to keep the past from being erased. I would like to see places in the south not cave in to the liberal mandate such as removing the confederate flag from Washington and Lee; and what recently happened in Tennessee. These is a park in Memphis named Nathan Bedford Forest Park. The city council voted to rename it "Health Sciences Park." they also voted to rename Confederate Park as Memphis Park and Jefferson Davis Park as Mississippi Park. It would be nice to have a group to be able to go to these places and educate people about what these men stood for and to do whatever possible to stop the name changes. I do not know how to do this. Maybe starting a letter writing campaign or a boycott of tourism to Memphis??? And I have read in various sources that is is debatable that Bedford Forrest started the KKK.
roydenoral
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 am

roydenoral wrote:Also, it seems best for discuss what the confederacy stood for i.e. limited government, individual and states rights, chivalry, the burden of  welfare state, etc.  We may need to talk about the Confederacy without mentioning the word,flag, etc.  Unfortunately, liberals have allowed anything associated with the Confederacy to be defined as racist, evil, etc.  This needs to be reversed.  And it did not help that a white separatist group adopted the battle flag as their symbol. However, we must fight to keep the past from being erased.  I would like to see places in the south not cave in to the liberal mandate such as removing the confederate flag from Washington and Lee; and what recently happened in Tennessee.  These is a park in Memphis named Nathan Bedford Forest Park.  The city council voted to rename it "Health Sciences Park."  they also voted to rename Confederate Park as Memphis Park and Jefferson Davis Park as Mississippi Park.   It would be nice to have a group to be able to go to these places and educate people about what these men stood for and to do whatever possible to stop the name changes.  I do not know how to do this. Maybe starting a letter writing campaign or a boycott of tourism to Memphis??? And I have read in various sources that is is debatable that Bedford Forrest started the KKK.  

Oh definitely. I think that in order to move forward we must not forget the past, but rather than look back to it, to move forward with our own course of actions. We will always honor our ancestors no matter what, but we always have to look forward into the modern world. Keeping our head clean of Liberal agenda is imperative as well.

It always angers me how we look to the parks and monuments of our Confederate past with remembance, while the rest of America sees hate. It would be terrible if these sort of things continue to occur.
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:42 pm

I agree. Wonder what the northerner's response would be if we advocated to change some of the names of their parks and monuments.
roydenoral
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Haha yeah if we took out some Northern General's names from parks because it offended us Southerners....
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Education in Dixie Empty The way I was educated,,,,,

Post by Dixie Dog Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am

10 years ago I was working in an oil town and staying in motel. Our work could not begin until the next morning.
So we saw a little book store, went in and was greated by an elderly Black lady. I AM color blind so that is difficult for me to say that.
I said to Alex, my companion, look for a Muzzle Loading Magazine for me. Alex wooped up this Civil War Magazine, I said, "no, not that".
The elderly lady at that point gave me an ear full, her grandfather was a Confederate Soldier, and she was proud of it.
I got a whole bunch of what she had to say and bought the Civil War Magazine and Alex got a motorcycle magazine.
I read about famous generals and things, and then........months later,,,
I met a Civil War Re-enactress,,,from Kentucky. After she was done with me, I became ,,,,,,,,,Confederate minded.
The magazine had pictures, names, dates, prety good evedence.
Thats when I found this Forum.
Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:52 am

That's really awesome. That's a great story, too. Smile
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dixie Dog Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks RebYell, It is so good to be with like minded, I am not a gambler. But I would wager that should I ever run into you, you might let me buy you a coffee. Its so good to be with like minded folk. But from my perspective this group is small. I try to get folks to come here.
Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dixie Dog Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 am

roydenoral wrote:This is a tough one.  So many people are afraid of anything associated with the CSA that they do not want to discuss it.  Youtube would be good.  Especially with Shelby Foote.  I for one am tired of the "political correctness."  Think we need to stand strong and not back down.  This takes very good communication skills and the ability to avoid becoming defensive.  Plus having your facts correct.

I have seen this with 2 other things in my life. I hesitate to bring up religeon but, If you step into a good Bible Church, and watch a person just after they accept Jesus, they are very intimidated to stand up and say so.

A group of NRA members were heading out to hold up signs at the capitol, one chickened out.

It's because they feel like such a minority. I think I am autistic,,,so I don't give a hoot, I slap that Southern Flag up go have a coffee,

I like Youtube idea, I watched one yesterday on a guys Face book, it was good, wished I could copy and paste it, but I can't find it.. I cannot be a spokesperson as I am tall, white, blonde and have a buzz hair cut,,,get what I mean.
I ain't no racist, I got more freinds with dark skin than not. But boy they throw up that Yankee flag as soon as I try to say or do anything to educate them.
I love this forum
Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dixie Dog Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 am

Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content