The Confederate States of America
Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes I get a little carried away...

2 posters

Go down

Sometimes I get a little carried away... Empty Sometimes I get a little carried away...

Post by GodBlessTN Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:09 pm

...when I hear the ignorant criticisms of General Forrest. Of course, we all know why he is so hated. It's because he was fierce and effective. But those same people treat Sherman like a God. Sure, he ended the war, but he did so by breaking the backs of civilians. And after he was through sadistically torturing the South, that wasn't enough. He had to go out and whip up on some Indians. But you'll get a fight if you bring that up.

I think there's a special place for people like Sherman and it's a lot farther south than what I care to go. And quite hot, year round. I've deleted a previous post that said it a lot more plainly.

Thanks for letting me vent a little. Very Happy
GodBlessTN
GodBlessTN

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I get a little carried away... Empty Re: Sometimes I get a little carried away...

Post by thomascgty Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Gen./Lt. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest is an interesting character. Probably my favorite Confederate general. Having no military background but became an effective component during the war.

Is he ranked as 'General' or 'Lt. General'? Some texts refer to him as a "General" while some as "Lt. General".
thomascgty
thomascgty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I get a little carried away... Empty Re: Sometimes I get a little carried away...

Post by GodBlessTN Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:27 am

thomascgty wrote:Gen./Lt. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest is an interesting character. Probably my favorite Confederate general. Having no military background but became an effective component during the war.

Is he ranked as 'General' or 'Lt. General'? Some texts refer to him as a "General" while some as "Lt. General".
I believe you are correct in saying that he was Lt. General, however 'General" was the title of respect that was used as with Lt. General James Longstreet.
GodBlessTN
GodBlessTN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum