The Confederate States of America
Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics Empty Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics

Post by RebYell Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Here's the Lyrics to one of my favorite songs of the time, Goober Peas.

Sitting by the Roadside on a summer’s day, chatting with my messmates passing time away,
Lying in the shadow underneath the trees, Goodness how delicious, eating goober peas!
Peas! Peas! Peas! Peas! Eating goober peas! Goodness how delicious, eating goober peas!

When a horseman passes, the soldiers have a rule,
To cry out at their loudest “Mister here’s your mule.”
But another pleasure enchantinger than these, is wearing out your Grinders, eating goober peas!
Peas! Peas! Peas! Peas! Eating goober peas! Goodness how delicious, eating goober peas!

Just before the battle the General hears a row, He says the Yanks are coming, I hear their rifles now,
He turns around in wonder, and what do you think he sees, The Georgia Militia, eating goober peas!

I think my song has lasted almost long enough, The subject’s interesting, but rhymes are mighty rough,
I wish this war was over when free from rags, and fleas,
We’d kiss our wives and sweethearts and gobble goober peas!
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

https://confederatestates.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics Empty Re: Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics

Post by jimmy23 Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Smile The bonnie blue flag is one of em
jimmy23
jimmy23

Back to top Go down

Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics Empty Re: Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics

Post by RebYell Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:13 pm

jimmy23 wrote: Smile The bonnie blue flag is one of em
I love that one! I really like the 2nd South Carolina String Band's rendition.
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy23 Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Tried to get an avatar on reb any advice Smile
jimmy23
jimmy23

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Click on User up in the top bar and then from there click the Avatar tab. Hope that helps Smile
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 pm

The Second South Carolina String Band has many songs that are readily available, as does Bobby Horton. Some Irish bands also have great songs. I love them all, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would be "Confederate Song" by Bobby Horton -

Rally 'round our country's flag, rally boys nor do not lag, come prepared we ___ and brag, sons of liberty,
Northern band who treads our soil, forth they come for blood and spoil, to the homes we gained with toil, shouting slavery.
Traitorous Lincoln's bloody band now invades the free man's land, armed with sword and fire brand against the brave and free
Arm ye then for fray or fight, march ye forth both day and night, stop not 'till the foes in sight, sons of chivalry
In your veins the blood still flows of brave men who once arose to burst the shackles of their foes, honest men and free
Rise in your power and might, seek the spoil, brave the fight, strike for God for truth or right, strike for liberty

It has been said that the veterans of WW II were the Greatest Generation. I think the veterans of the Confederacy are the Greatest Generation.
roydenoral
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Oh yeah. 2SCSB do a great job of making it period accurate.

Dixie forever!
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite Confederate Songs and Lyrics Empty This one????

Post by Dixie Dog Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 pm

RebYell wrote:
jimmy23 wrote: Smile The bonnie blue flag is one of em
I love that one! I really like the 2nd South Carolina String Band's rendition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5xdgYLuFCk

I remember back 1967  or so my Grade School teacher had us all sing these songs, st least once a week?????????????? was 10 kids in my class, same 10 at graduation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI

My fav. OH I WISH I WAS IN DIXIE...........l

Last edited by Dixie Dog on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last line add)
Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Yessir! Dixie forever
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy23 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi All- just a few words to explain why i joined this forum--i have always been interested in the History of the American Civil War from being a youngster.
Where i was brought up in the UK there was a very large USAF air base you may have heard of it Burtonwood where i made many friends many from the Southern States -the base is long gone now but i still have many fond memories of my early days mixing with the kids from the South-might i say some kids also from the North.
A good forum to get educated on. Jimmy Very Happy

jimmy23
jimmy23

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here. Very Happy
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dixie Dog Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am

HEY! to Jimmy23
Dixie Dog
Dixie Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy23 Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:00 pm

What sort of lives do you chaps lead over there,music,pastimes,job,vacations,
jimmy23
jimmy23

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:49 pm

It really varies. Are you still in the UK? If you want to learn about the South, be sure you do not read northern revisionist history. A good author to start with is Thomas DiLorenzo. He is an economist from Pennslyvania. Recommend "Lincoln Unmasked" and "Hamilton's Curse." You can view his lectures on Youtube also.
roydenoral
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Does Hamilton's Curse revolve around Alexander Hamilton?
RebYell
RebYell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down