The Confederate States of America
Welcome! This is the OFFICIAL site of the Confederate States of America forum.
Join fellow Confederates in the fight to preserve our heritage, discuss anything Southern, or learn about the history of Dixie.
Everyone is welcome, Deo Vindice!

Please login to post.
Not a member? SIGN UP to join our cause.

-Confederate Nation Team

Let's have a healthy discussion: Current Events-Border Security

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's have a healthy discussion: Current Events-Border Security

Post by thomascgty on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm

So this concerns about the current crisis in the border. While driving home after work today, I came across a bus that has a sticker or big printed words "El Paso Texas". I would assume that is one of the buses that Obama and some democrats and liberals use to spread the illegal immigrants across the nation. Just recently, I have observed the following.

• USAF enlistment maximum age jumped from 28 to 39 for the year 2014
  • US Army enlistment maximum age was changed from 42 to 35 in the year 2010 but according to an article it was changed again to age 42 (have to check on that since on the website it is still 35) for 2nd quarter of 2014

Now do you think that there is a possibility of civil unrest or the States activating Her National Guard going against Obama's current handling of the border crisis? Geographically, Texas and Arizona are the closest States to the U.S.-Mexican border. I might be wrong but shouldn't this be considered as "national emergency" for full mobilization of the Nation Guard to secure the border? That is, illegal immigrants are being sent to different States by the Obama administration by a facade called "humanitarian" effort.
thomascgty

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's have a healthy discussion: Current Events-Border Security

Post by RebYell on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:31 pm

It's definitely a crisis that the Obama administration is laughing about. Secured borders are the difference between an independent nation and a failed one. I think that if the administration doesn't take immediate action, we could be looking at civilian uprisings on the border towns a potentially even the National Guard intervening, as you said.

If at first you don't secede, try try again.  Wink 

~RebYell
RebYell
Admin

http://confederatestates.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thomascgty on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:12 am

As much as it is tempting to mobilize the National Guard to intervene in the crisis, the States are not willing to mobilize Her National Guards. There are other forces within some States like the State Defense Force but I also don't know much about the SDF. Arizona does not have one but Texas do have an SDF. Georgia has Her SDF but have not heard any news about illegal immigrants being sent to Georgia.

To what I understood about the SDF is that it is a reserve unit for the National Guard.

The States might not be willing for mobilization of the National Guards for the following reasons that I could think of.
-Cost of mobilization whether full- or part-time
-Lack of support from the citizens and legal residents
-Lack of support from other States
-Lack of detailed planning
-Fear of opposition by force from the Federal military
-Fear of the State governor for legal and political consequences

Not sure but I think the States should have the final say on the missions of the National Guard; not the U.S. Congress nor the U.S. President. Of course, the U.S. Congress and the President will have some power over the National Guard but the States will be on the top in terms of authority over the National Guard.

The highest authority should be from the individual States. Then, followed by the 2nd in power which is the U.S. Congress. Lastly, by the U.S. President.
thomascgty

Back to top Go down

Post by RebYell on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:30 am

It's a very complicated situation… Although there is quite a bit of risk in deploying each states National Guard, the reward might be greater. I agree that the power should be held in the states… Especially since they are the ones who are receiving the immigrants.

'State's rights'.... Perhaps a good platform can be found here for the second secession of the Confederacy… Wink

I have never heard of the SDF… It sounds very interesting though. I think tomorrow I'll do some research on them.

If at first you don't secede, try try again.  Wink 

~RebYell
RebYell
Admin

http://confederatestates.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thomascgty on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Sorry was not able to post a response. I got Gov. Rick Perry wrong. He deployed the National Guard. The news on the deployment seems to calmed down and Democrats and Liberals have started to attack the deployment-food issue. No article seems to be published on the activities or even the objective of the Texas NG.

Out of topic... anyone already heard the secession of Scotland from the UK?
thomascgty

Back to top Go down

Post by roydenoral on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm

The last I read, the majority of Scottish voters did not vote for secession. As for our own border security, I am incensed over the Texas and Arizona situation. It is impossible to secure all of our borders because we are surrounded by so much water and have the huge Canadian border to our north. However, in this case, Obama is actually inviting the illegal aliens to enter our country. Common sense dictates that many terrorists came in with them. However, too many politicians are concerned with alienating the hispanic vote. As a nurse, I am very concerned about all of the infectious diseases these illegals brought with them. Plus, now they have to be fed, housed, and their children sent to school. Our tax dollars hard at work again. I think Rick Perry is doing a good job, and I absolutely love Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona. This issue could be a stepping stone for the formation of a new Confederacy of states that follow the Constitution and want to secure our borders, have English as the official language, maintain traditional american values and culture. Is anyone aware that a few years ago, the Federal congress repealed the Posse Comitatus Act. This was passed in 1879 as a result of the atrocities committed by the Federal Army in the South during reconstruction. Basically it prohibited the president from using the Federal Army against citizens of individual states. There have been some exceptions to this, but it was to protect citizens of the states. Now that "terrorism" is so broadly defined, I would not put it past Obama to issue an executive order to send the Army into a state. This is really frightening and must have the founding fathers turning over in their graves.
roydenoral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top